The following strategies, initiatives and key performance indicators were developed by The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa in 2020 in alignment with our 5-year strategic plan. From 2020 and beyond, we have taken significant strides to further our commitment to Partnership and Collaboration.
We are proud to collaborate and partner with various community organizations to improve outcomes for the children, youth and families we serve.
Path to 2025: Partnerships and Collaboration
Children, Youth & Families
Strengthen the voice of children, youth and their families in CASO’s child welfare practices and governance.
Partners, Communities & Stakeholders
- Analyze service data and develop community partnerships to ensure our efforts and investments are focused on achieving equitable outcomes for all communities; and,
- Pursue formal shared service opportunities and develop informal shared service collaborations where possible.
Staff, Managers & Supervisors
As an agency, we are committed to:
- Strengthening the capacity of supervisors and management to support and empower staff to work in partnership supporting children, youth and families;
- Supporting staff and committees that are working towards the implementation of the strategic plan;
- The ongoing pursuit of excellence and innovation of CASO’s governance; and,
- Exploring and embracing opportunities for horizontal and vertical service and/or organizational integration.
- Ongoing collaboration with First Nations, Inuit and Métis leadership groups to continually improve service delivery with First Nations, Inuit and Métis children and families;
- Black Francophone Community Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Group;
- Race and Faith-Based Equity Community Groups; and,
- Ten Oaks: 2SLGBTQIA+ Community.
Contract Agreement Review
CASO has many new and long-standing partnerships with various community organizations and groups. A contract evaluation framework has been developed for the evaluation of contractors and consultants engaged by CASO has been adapted from the Consultant & Contractor Performance Evaluation Reports developed by Public Services and Procurement Canada. The purpose of this framework is to objectively assess the quality of services provided by consultants and contractors to the CASO in order to:
- Improve the effectiveness of project delivery and client service at reasonable costs;
- Ensure that the contractors and consultants hired by CASO perform their obligations in a fully satisfactory manner;
- Ensure that contracts are only renewed where efficiency and value have been demonstrated;
- Improve the performance of consultants and contractors;
- Ensure, to the fullest extent possible, the use of qualified consultants and contractors by CASO; and
- Establish and maintain a continuous record of consultant and contractor performance for the purpose of future planning and renewals.
Voice of the Child and Youth
CASO conducts an annual youth stakeholder survey for youth in-care which covers topics such as the youth-worker relationship, youth-caregiver relationship, cultural and identity supports as well as overall experience. The survey results are used to continually improve our service delivery to this population.
Equity Quotient Survey
CASO conducted its Equity Quotient (EQ) Employee Engagement and Satisfaction survey in 2022, including various facets related to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, to focus in on any areas for improvement from the perspective of CASO employees. The EQ measured Employee Engagement and Job Satisfaction, Fairness of Systems, Policies, and Procedures, and the overall Equity Climate (experiences with harassment, discrimination and microaggressions in the workplace).
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of partnerships CASO has with diverse communities and their service organizations with demonstrated effective partnership/service agreements.
- Stakeholder feedback surveys reflect enhanced partnerships, meaningful participation in service planning and collaboration with CASO.
- Evidence in documentation that the voice of the child was obtained and reflected in planning.
- Staff engagement (i.e. respectful workplace, internal stakeholder satisfaction, and support).
- Annual assessment of governance performance and practice.