By becoming a volunteer, you are helping to enhance the services that we provide to Ottawa’s children and youth by building support networks for families in their community. Your services promote trust, positive relationships, academic success, and community connections to children and youth receiving support from us. Volunteering with us is a rewarding experience because you are improving the life of a child in our community.
Who are our volunteers?
Our volunteers come from all walks of life from various demographics, identities, and cultural, racial and religious backgrounds. Specifically, our volunteers are amazing individuals who:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Live or work in the Ottawa area
- Are highly committed and responsible
- Are able to work in a structured environment as a team member
- Are willing to take direction
What do our volunteers do?
Volunteers can either request a position or can be placed depending on their unique skill set. Some examples of volunteer roles at The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa include:
- Tutor for children and youth in care
- Mentor for children and youth in care
- Driver to help ensure children arrive safely and on time for appointments
- Support for events and activities