Engaging the community is fundamental when working to protect children and youth. Our volunteers play an important role in preserving that connection. The greatest satisfaction in volunteering with us, is knowing that you have truly improved the life of a child or youth.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life. They are men and women, young and old. They are single and partnered. They represent diverse cultural, racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
You can contribute to a wide range of services. Some examples of volunteer roles are:
- Tutor for children and youth in care
- Mentor for children and youth in care
- Assist Child and Youth Counsellors (CYCs) during family visits
- Assist Preschool staff with the children in the Headstart Program
- Driver to help ensure the child arrives safely and on time for appointments
- Clerical / administrative help