The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO), we are committed to ensuring that our services are inclusive, safe and affirming for all 2SLGBTQIA+ community members and their allies. As such, for the first time ever, we will be modifying our logo in honour of Pride Month in Ottawa.
Our support goes beyond a logo change. The purpose of this month-long redesign is to start a conversation about the work CASO has done over the years, and continues to strive towards, in support of equity and inclusion for all. This is not about aesthetics – rather a statement to all the 2SLGBTQIA+ children, youth, families and staff we work with that CASO stands in solidarity with you during this month of celebration and beyond.
Below, we have outlined several of the active steps we have taken as an organization to support Ottawa’s 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Please click the links below to learn more.
- Internal Queer Forum 2021-2023 Workplan
- Rainbow Youth in Care (RYIC) Group
- Safe and Affirming Placements for 2SLGBTQIA+ Children and Youth: Guide to Assessing New Applicants and Approved Caregivers
- Procedural Guide to Support Individuals Who Are Transitioning
- Partnership with Project Ten Oaks and Camp Lifting Leaves
- Equity Hiring Initiative
Happy Pride Month Ottawa!