Ramadan Mubarak – Happy Ramadan!
Today marks the start of Ramadan, a month-long holy celebration for the Muslim community. While the way in which families celebrate may need to be modified due to the current situation, we remain dedicated to ensuring that children and youth have supports in place throughout this time of worship.
We have partnered with Ottawa Muslim Community Services (OMCS) to create a list of resources for you to share with your children/youth, as well as a video series to cover the following topics over the next few weeks: the three stages of Ramadan (Mercy, Forgiveness and Safety), and the rituals and celebration of Eid al Fitr.
- Ramadan: Mercy (Children)
- Ramadan: Mercy (Youth)
- Ramadan: Forgiveness (Children)
- Ramadan: Forgiveness (Youth)
- Ramadan: Days of Seeking Refuge (Children)
- Ramadan: Days of Seeking Refuge (Youth)
- Eid al-Fitr
- Excited for the Month of Ramadan!
- What Is the Month of Ramadan?
- What We Do During the Month of Ramadan
- Ramadan Terminology for Kids
- Sighting of the Moon
- Charity During the Month of Ramadan
- Lessons to Learn from the Month of Ramadan
- Eid Celebration: What is it?