As a leader in the child welfare sector The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) is seeking individuals from Ottawa’s diverse and bilingual community to join the board of directors. This committed and dedicated Board of Directors provides strong leadership and governance to the Society, critical to the achievement of the Society’s mission of engaging families and communities to protect children and youth.
Board Members serve a minimum three (3) year term. Terms are eligible for renewal of two (2) consecutive terms for a total of nine (9) years.
The Board meets monthly to govern and oversee the management of the Organization. After a period of orientation and learning, board members are expected to participate in committee activities and attend committee meetings as required. This participation has proven to add value to both the Board members overall experience and to the organization.
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) is non-profit community organization funded by the Government of Ontario, legally mandated to protect children and youth from abuse and neglect. The CASO is one of over 46 agencies across the province regulated by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and governed by the Ontario Child, Youth and Family Services Act (CYFSA).
- Serve as a member of a collegial body that is committed to protecting the children and youth of our community from abuse and neglect.
- Understand and being responsible for knowing the fiduciary duties and the Duty of Care.
- Provide technical, legal, financial, social welfare and/or business experience or expertise.
- Participate fully in decision making activities.
- Improve the profile of CASO in the community.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Have an understanding of our diverse and indigenous communities and a passion for our mission and vision.
How to Apply:
Please provide a copy of your resume including a cover letter to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As responsible employers, The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa strives to have a staff and board that reflect the diverse and bilingual/francophone communities we serve. CASO is committed to creating an equitable environment receptive to diverse experiences, perspectives and interests, inclusive of all, where all individuals, families, and communities are treated fairly with decency and respect, free of discrimination or harassment. As a means to guide and support equitable efforts, diversity of new members is critical in the recruitment of the CASO Board.