As with many of you, The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and is following the advice of public health authorities. We are making plans to ensure our services continue while at the same time, protecting our staff as best we can.
Due to the evolving circumstances, we will be continuously adjusting our approach to service delivery in response to the changing recommendations from Public Health. At this time, in order to continue to keep our staff, volunteers, caregivers and clients safe, please note the following;
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, our area office in Kanata is closed. Our main office at 1602 Telesat Court will remain open, however access is limited. The agency will remain open and will continue to provide services as required.
- We will be limiting face-to-face contact across many of our services. Face-to-face contact will occur when investigating child abuse investigations and when bringing a child/youth to a place of safety. Otherwise, and where possible we are looking at alternate arrangements.
- We will not be using volunteers for any reason during this period.
- Direct service staff will be avoiding in-person meetings with families, youth, children, community partners and professionals. These contacts will be managed by phone, web conferencing and skype.
- All Staff who are working remotely are available to respond to phone calls and emails. The best way to schedule a phone call with a staff member is to email them or leave a voicemail message at their extension and they will call you back.
We have advised our staff that all travel for meetings, conference and training has been suspended. We have also requested that staff who are returning to Canada self-isolate for a period of 14 days.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.