INFORMAL Complaints

The most efficient way to resolve an issue that you are experiencing is to discuss your concern/complaint directly with your worker, their supervisor, or another point of contact. These complaints do not need to be in writing.


FORMAL Complaints

Should a resolution not be found by speaking to a worker, the Society has a formal internal complaints procedure, the Internal Complaints Review Panel (ICRP). Contact The Children's Aid Society of Ottawa to be sent a form to complete. 


To complete a formal external complaint, click here to be re-directed to the Child and Family Service Review Board. To download the form, click here.


MORE Information

The Ontario Ombudsman's Children and Youth Unit oversees answering questions, providing information about the rights or children and youth, addressing complaints from young people and adults about CAS services, and conducting investigations. For more information, please visit the Ontario Ombudsman's website.