16-229 (1) Bilingual Communications Administrator
Title16-229 (1) Bilingual Communications Administrator
Type of PositionTemporary Full Time
Duration of the position12 Months
Date PublishedFebruary 14, 2017 04:00 PM
Closing DateMarch 5, 2017 11:59 PM
Bilingual Communications administrator
(Temporary, Full-Time Opportunity, 12 Month Contract)
We are currently searching for a dynamic person to join the third largest Children’s Aid Society in Ontario, to fulfillthe role of a Communications Administrator.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Communications, the Communications Administrator will assume the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of brochures, posters, articles, ads, and all other required promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Manage the inventory of all publications, displays and promotional items.
- Assist the coordination of media and public relations activities including presentations to community groups, special events and Speakers Bureau. Support ongoing internal and external communication activities.
- Develop, write, and edit content, as needed in English or French as well as ensure content is current and accurate and meets requirements under the WCAG web content accessibility guidelines
- Create new web pages in English or French as well as organize the content of the web products to ensure it is audience-friendly and easy to use;
- Design Web pages using for web publishing and / or the GC Managed Web Service;
- Creating graphical and textual content elements for all Web sites by utilizing internal and external sources
- Content creation including conceptualizing, writing and designing content for landing pages, customer communications, presentations, online videos, blogging
- Assisting in the development of community partnerships that offer positive media, fundraising and community relations opportunities.
Internal and external event activities:
- Plan and coordinate assigned projects relating to communications, marketing and event activities including scheduling, costing, and developing communication materials.
- Assist in developing and supporting new activities in order to enhance the fundraising activities of the Foundation and other Society partners.
- Provide support during the Society’s and Foundation’s campaigns and recognition weeks including developing a plan and timeline for execution of events, and generating internal and external promotional material.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Hours of Work:
Regular business hours,Monday to Friday; however, the Communications Administrator is expected to be available to work irregular hours which may include evenings and weekends in order to meet the objectives of the Society’s communication strategy.
- Completion of a Community College Diploma in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in corporate communications or public relations
- Creative thinker and ability to suggest improvements. Solid understanding of effective community relationships, best practices and trends.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to work effectively with Aboriginal and diverse communities.
- Strong interpersonal, engagement and exceptional communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Result-oriented with strong time management, organizational and project/event management skills.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Self-driven, initiative and ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to interact with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner.
- Proven ability in working with a variety of software applications (i.e. MS Office and Adobe Creative Suites, photoshop)
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization.
- Experience using Word Press publications (or similar platform)
- Web Development: ability to build and edit both front-end and back-end code
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French are required.
We offer a competitive salary range of $49,547 to $63,354 plus an additional 6% of the base rate in lieu of insurable benefits. We offer as well generous leave provisions (such as 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months of service). Our modern workplace has excellent physical amenities including a fully equipped gym, free parking and a cafeteria. All successful candidates will benefit from a comprehensive orientation, innovative training programs, quality supervision and recognition of contributions
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply online on our website at www.casott.on.ca, by 11:59 p.m., on Sunday, March 5, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interests in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa
however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
CASO is committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. The Society encourages applications from all qualified individuals.