Procurement and Expense Procedures
As a Broader Public Sector organization, the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa has fulfilled the Ontario Broader Public Sector Supply Code Chain of Ethics by implementing policies governing procurement, expense reimbursement, and perquisites.
The purpose of the Procurement Directive is:
- To ensure that publicly funded goods and services, including construction, consulting services, and information technology are acquired by BPS organizations through a process that is open, fair, and transparent;
- To outline responsibilities of BPS organizations throughout each stage of the procurement process; and
- To ensure that procurement processes are managed consistently throughout the BPS using the approved Supply Chain Code of Ethics
The purpose of the Expense Directive is:
- To set out the requirement for the designated BPS organizations to establish expense rules where expenses are reimbursed from public funds.
The purpose of the Perquisites Directive is:
- To set out the requirement for the designated BPS organizations to establish rules on perquisites where these are provided through public funds.
Attestation of Compliance with the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010 and related Directives for the period April 1, 2015-March 31, 2016.
During the 2015-2016 fiscal year, the Children's Aid Society of Ottawa has complied with all requirements of the Broader Public Sector Perquisites and Expense Directives during the April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016 fiscal year.